SMART INTERACTIVE CLASSROOMS
Quality education is an essential requisite in the present competitive environment. Technology has affected us in every aspect. Our Smart Classroom solution is based on interactive, rich multimedia content-enabled education system which illuminates abstract & difficult concepts with crystal clarity. It bridges the learning gaps between teacher & students and helps them realize their true potential. This digital Classroom solution uses in-built content bank comprising of 2D-3D images and multimedia content of almost all subjects which makes the learning process more interactive, student-centered & enjoyable. It completely replaces traditional teaching system of blackboard & chalk in the most economical way.
“If a child can’t learn the way WE teach, maybe we should teach the way THEY learn.”
– Ignacio Estrada
Advantages of Smart Interactive Classroom:
• Provides Flexibility: Interactive whiteboards allow many different forms of media – including photos, illustrations, maps, graphs, games, and video, to be displayed. These tools not only enrich the classroom experience but also help to expand the nature of content that can be used in learning. In addition, SMART Boards makes learning to be more dynamic owing to the different forms of presenting information.
• Enhanced teaching/learning experience: SMART Boards provide new ways for teachers to teach, and student to learn. These tools support a wide variety of learning styles. For instance, visual learners can watch as their tutors use the whiteboards to project visual elements, whereas audio learners can listen and have discussions. On the other hand, the Boards come with touchscreen capabilities that allow tactile learners to touch and interact with the board.
• Interact and share: The interactive nature of SMART boards offers learners an opportunity to share and participate in the instructional process. Interactivity provides a platform for students to demonstrate their grasp of the subject through touching, drawing, and writing. Every learner has an opportunity to participate or contribute to the presentation and/or discussion via notebooks and tablets. In addition, the boards provide for rapid assessment whereby learners can receive immediate feedback. Teachers and students are able to identify individual strengths and weaknesses in various subject areas and isolate areas/topics that need more focus or review.
• Communication: Interactive whiteboards allow for connectivity in different locations; making ideal collaboration and distance learning environments. When using SMART boards, student show to increase student-to-student collaboration and increase overall participation in the lesson.
LABORATORY (A PLACE FOR LEARNING BY DOING)
“I HEAR, I FORGET.
I SEE, I REMEMBER.
I DO, I KNOW.”
• Physics Laboratory
• Chemistry Laboratory
• Biology Laboratory
• Biotechnology Laboratory
• Mathematics Laboratory
• ICT Laboratory
“To learn Science is to do Science. There is no other way of learning Science.”
-Dr. D. S. Kothari
Science is a practical subject, teaching of which cannot be properly done only in theory form. The exposition should be supplemented with experimentation for the in-depth understanding of the subject. When students perform various kinds of experiments, they draw conclusions from their studies. This raises their level of self-confidence and fosters the spirit of scientific enquiry and instills scientific attitude in them. Add to these, Power of Observation, Team spirit, Discipline and Dignity of Labor are also developed in them. In keeping with the essence of the aforementioned lines, there is a provision of well-equipped Physics, Biology Biotechnology and Chemistry laboratories in the school campus. The laboratories are well built, safe, spacious, well-lit and well furnished with all chemicals and equipment. Each of the laboratories has a smart board which eases teaching and learning. The labs also house a substantial repository of impressive teaching aids. There are models, charts, apparatus equipment, kits and other study material catering to the needs of all classes with working tables for science experiments and projects.
Physics laboratory at GPS is well equipped to cater to the needs of the students who want to give a practical shape to the theory studied by them in the classroom. It serves as a medium to study and observe the cause and effect relationship of phenomena related to the field of physics.
Chemistry laboratory at GPS is designed to support and illustrate chemical concepts studied in the classroom as well as introduce important laboratory techniques and encourage analytical thinking.
Biology laboratory at GPS exposes the students to the animal and plant kingdom and gives them a first-hand experience of the wonder world of biology. The lab is well equipped with all the necessary facilities.
In order to facilitate the students comprehend certain abstract concepts and transform these into an interesting learning experience; it is desirable that these should be brought to concrete operational level where students can check and verify the validity of abstract concepts through activities. Endless repetition, rote memorization and general lack of interest lead to the development of negative attitude towards mathematics.
The Mathematics lab provides a vibrant ambience for learning by doing. 2D and 3D models displayed here helps students to grasp and understand abstract concepts through practice and observation with the help of the computers and projectors, under the guidance of subject teachers. The laboratory allows pupil to set up mathematical experiment for the purpose of discovering some mathematical principles, patterns or processes. These activities may be carried out by the teacher or the students to explore, learn, stimulate interest and develop favorable attitude towards mathematics.
Significance of Mathematics Laboratory
• Provides an opportunity to understand and internalize the basic mathematical concepts through concrete objects and situations.
• Enables the students to verify or discover several geometrical properties and facts using models or by paper cutting and folding technique.
• Helps build interest and self-confidence in learning the subject.
• Provides scope for greater involvement of both the mind and the hand which facilitates and eases cognition.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Laboratory
ICT Lab is equipped with multimedia computers L.C.D. Projectors providing an opportunity to the young buds to learn the essentials of information and communication technology in an innovative and motivating style. Our lives are so influenced by technology today that it is important that the children are scientifically and technologically literate The school follows the CBSE syllabus for Information Technology to keep our children ahead in this IT-enabled world. The hi-tech computer lab make the students tech-savvy and keep them abreast with the latest techniques & that teaches not just computer as a subject, but also, the integration of computer skills for learning of other subjects in the curriculum. Students are trained in Word, PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Access and other software to work on projects and assignments.
There is a provision of a Bookstore at GPS. The bookstore is a boon for the students and saves them from the hassle of going to various bookshops in the city in search of books thus saving their precious time and energy.
A Library fosters love of reading, and helps students and staff utilize ideas, information, and technology effectively as well as efficiently. The GPS library has sections ranging from textbooks and reference books to books on fiction and general knowledge. It is spick and spam, spacious and well set. Since the school aims at making learning a fun process, there is an assortment of books and magazines available on general topics. It subscribes to newspapers in English as well as Hindi language.
SKYLIGHT NATATORIUM (SWIMMING POOL)
Skylights are light transmitting fenestration forming all, or a portion of, the roof of a building’s space for daylighting purposes.
• Daylighting elements allowing direct and/or indirect sunlight, via toplighting.
• Providing a visual connection to the outdoor environment to interior occupants.
• Sustainable building — passive solar heating, and with operable units; ventilation for passive cooling and fresh air exchange.
A natatorium or a swimming pool is an effective and fun-filled way not only to keep the summer heat away but also one of the best exercises to keep our body fit. There is a provision of a 2,000 sq. ft. skylight natatorium on top floor at GPS.
There is a provision of HIGH POWER GENERATOR in case of Power failure to ensure uninterrupted electric supply round the clock for the students.